Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Royal Sampler Play of the Month Award (June Edition)

This could have happened last month - but how the fuck you crab apples going to know the difference?


I was playing in a free tournament, the first prize of which was a trip to Vegas. I'm on the button. I have about 6000 in chips. The blinds are 300/600. It's folded to me and finding myself with KQ, I raise to 2000 straight. SB folds, BB calls, leaving himself 200 in chips behind.

That's right, 200.

Before the flop comes out I say, "look mate, I put you all-in" and throw in another 200 chips (into a pot of 4300). The flop comes 556. My opponent looks disgusted and says "I know you've got a pair".

That's right, he thinks about the call.

I look straight ahead and try to ignore the fact that he's getting over 22 -1 on the call, that he's going to leave himself with 200 with the blinds at 300/600 if he folds, and that everyone else on the table is asking him what the fuck he even has to think about.

Anyway, a minute or so later - he folds! (yes, this warrants an exclamation mark). Not only that, he folds AJ face up!! What the fuck!?

Anyway, even without the punctuation, you get the point.


So kudos to you, random blond-guy-in-a-cap playing at the Roos Football Club a couple of weeks back, as the first live-play recipient of the Royal Sampler Play of the Month Award. Kudos.

No comments: